Resources are More than Material Things
I heard a yoga teacher speak about how our culture values external “tangible” resources, yet seems to pass over non-tangible resources. On our journey through life we need to stay aware of both. What are the non-tangible resources we have available to us?
It prompted me to wonder.
Here are a few things that came to mind for me.
- Who is on your team?
- Is it a sibling, spouse, mentor, good friend, parent, cousin or professional?
- Who are your “go-to” supporters?
- Do you have spiritual supporters?
- What are your strengths and assets?
- Do they include integrity? Generosity? Curiosity? Kindness?
- A you a risk taker?
These two lists could go on and on. I invite you to consider these questions and explore your responses. Having familiarity with your resources allows you to trust yourself as you navigate through life.
~ Carole Cook, MD
PS. Remember to visit our Resources Page from time to time. We are always expanding this area of our website to share some of the online resources we find of value.