I was born on a ranch in northern California. Those early roots have held me tightly and grounded me with a deep affection for nature and a firm belief in the value of working hard. I am grateful to have come to the realization that simple pleasures bring me the greatest contentment.
I went to college at the University of San Francisco, then to medical school at the University of Oregon Health Sciences Center in Portland. After completing my OB/GYN internship and residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, I returned to the Bay Area and began working in private practice.
I am board certified by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a certified menopause practitioner with the North American Menopause Society. I have completed a two-year Fellowship in Integrative Medicine through the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine under the directorship of Andrew Weil, MD, and staff.
I have practiced in San Jose since 1985 and have been in solo practice since 2003.
I recently closed my practice of 30 years in San Jose California and relocated to the Pacific Northwest to be closer to family and rest before the next exciting chapter blooms!
CAROLE COOK, MD CREDENTIALS
PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS HELD
- 2015 – Present: Private Practice, Portland, OR
- 2003 – 2015: Private Practice, San Jose, CA
- 1986 – 2003: Loma Vista OB-GYN Medical Group, Inc, San Jose, CA
- 1985 – 1986: Private Practice, Los Gatos, CA
- Licensed by the State of Oregion
- Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- North American Menopause Society – Certified Menopause Practitioner
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Fellow
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 2010-2011
- Certified Menopause Practitioner – North American Menopause Society 2009, Re-certified 2011
- Residency, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, 1981 – 1985
- M.D., Oregon Health and Science University – School of Medicine,
Portland, OR, 1981
- B.S., Biology, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1977